Monday, October 27, 2014

Here's a Kickstarter to Back

Sorry about this, I really am.  Except that I'm not.  Because I'm going to blatantly plug a specific Kickstarter to the five of you who read my blog.  Where We Begin is a short film directed by award-winning director, and my friend, Mitsuyo Miyazaki.  Mitsuyo is really my wife's friend, they went to college together at Southern Utah University, home of Utah Shakespeare Festival.  When we were at the festival earlier this Summer, partly on business partly for fun, Mitsuyo ran into Melissa and they concocted a plan.  A plan to have Melissa be the costume designer on this amazing film.  Shooting in Cedar City in a month.

So in late July my wife left me for two weeks to shoot this movie.  Towards the end my Mom and I took our daughter Kaylee to the set in Cedar City so that she could appear in the film as well.  Mom and I were on set as chaperones, or Kaylee wranglers so-to-speak.  We had an amazing day, and my wife got to have the experience of a lifetime.  One that I hope she gets to repeat in the future.

Here it is finally, the Kickstarter campaign.  Everyone who worked on this movie sacrificed something, blood, sweat, tears, time, money, sanity, you name it.  The film is almost done, they just need a little more funding to get over the hump.  Here I am begging you to help out.  Kickstarter is an amazing thing, I've dabbled in it myself helping fund four projects so far.  I've received my rewards for two of the four, and am waiting for two more.  Being a part of this project has given my family something that we needed so badly, a project that we could pour our love into, and it shows.  EVERYTHING about this film is amazing...and I haven't even seen the whole thing!  I've just seen bits and pieces, basically everything that's in the trailer on the Kickstarter.  If that moves you at all (the last couple of minutes), please, I beg, give some dough.  You won't be disappointed.  I guarantee it.

Here's the link again:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mitsuyo/where-we-begin-narrative-dance-film-needs-your-sup



No comments: